5 Things I Learned From The Star wars 2015 Sampler

 

 

 

sampler.trade.MECH.indd

 

 

I was so excited to get this sampler at Star Wars Celebration! As we get closer to the release of Star Wars: the Force Awakens in December there are some amazing novels coming out. There were some clues what’s coming in this sampler. Here are 5 things that have me Fangirl Flailing! :

 

1) Dark Disciple by Christie Golden

Hard Decisions In Harder Times

I’ve been looking forward to this book because it is a continuation of some themes from The Clone Wars and it also involves Asajj Ventress. What stood out for me so much in this sampler was how the Jedi were forced to make impossible decisions during the Clone War. But what they decide on in regards to  Count Dooku is heartbreaking for an order that has dedicated themselves to peace.

I’m so excited for this book I’ve preordered it!

 

2) Lords Of The Sith by Paul S. Kemp

Vader Prime Is A Sight To Behold

Ten Pages into this novel and I knew I wanted the audio drama! There is some amazing action scenes in this novel that show a Vader in his prime ( shortly after Episode III), is one of the most terrifying and thrilling things to experience. So though I’ve read and loved this novel, I’m also buying the audio version.

 

3) Kick - Ass Female Character 1

Isval, a member of the free Ryloth movement against the Empire is such a wonderfully faceted character. She has suffered much in her life but she has turned her past into a sharp stone of hate aimed towards the Empire. Her journey in this book is a very satisfying read and a much needed diverse character in the Star wars Universe.

 

Battlefront by Alexander Freed

4) Rebels In The Trenches

Battlefront is a new videogame that is stirring up a lot of excitement in the Star wars gaming community. I’m not a gamer but this novel excerpt really has me looking forward to this novel. In the brief sample of the story we meet a rebel soldier immersed in a battle on Haidoral Prime. This novel is the nuts and bolts exploration of life of the soldiers on the ground. The blood and sweat that wins the bigger battle.

 

5) Kick –Ass Female 2

It’s just a few lines but it’s enough to get me super excited about a character called Brand in battlefront. She is a human Person of color and she is  an excellent sniper. I cant wait to learn more about her. So much Star Wars goodness coming!! I’m so excited!

Comments

Popular Posts