Tor Books Round Up: Mini-Reviews of Recent Reads

 

th

 

Tor has sent me some wonderful books recently:

 

 

 

21418013

A new Scalzi. Nuff said! Just kidding. This was a thrilling read by a Science Fiction master. Scalzi chronicles the effect a virus that keeps victims conscious , yet unable to move their extremities. That premise alone could fill a novel but Scalzi takes us a giant leap forward, showing us the long term effects of the condition on society. Loved this!

 

20324243

 

The Rebel Angeles series has thrilled me since the first book was released. Icefall is the culmination of various plot threads and a satisfying ending to the series. A great blend of Fantasy and adventure. Now that all the volumes of the series are out treat yourself to a binge read!

 

 

22238194

 

This book was a bit of a struggle for me. I found the description of the Monrovia community our protagonist Allison lives in very realistic but the magical elements didn't flow very well for me. I’m not usually a fan of contemporary reads so that may be one of the reasons I didn’t really connect with the story. Not for me but it might be enjoyable for fans of books like Practical Magic.

 

Hope I’ve peaked your interest in one or more of these books. Happy Reading!

Comments

Popular Posts