MASQUERADE READ-A-LONG WEEK 3

 

readalongbuttonFINAL

 

1) Heven’s mother has definite ideas about Heven and her scars-what they mean- and their relationship is strained. So you think their relationship can be saved?

Heven’s mother was a mystery to me. In the beginning of the book she seemed really supportive. When she called Heven evil  I was really surprised. People have strange reactions to trauma. Maybe it’s how Heven’s mom processes trauma. I cant see their relationship getting better any time soon.

 

 

 

2) Sam tells Heven about how he came to be living on his own, how his parents kicked him out after he became what he is. He doesn’t seem angry though, he seems to accept it. would you be angry? Do you think he should be?

 

I don't think Sam should be angry. I think protecting his mother and brother were paramount in his thoughts. I don't know how I would react. I’m sure I would leave like Sam and try to build a life of my own.

 

3)During these chapters Heven and Sam visit the Inbetween and meet Aris (aka the Hope) Were you surprised by the series of events? Do you think a place like the Inbetween exists?

It was an interesting chain of events. I knew some big reveal was pending but it surprised me to see how important Heven is .

 

4) When Heven’s scars are no longer a part of her and she say’s “she no longer recognizes herself” do you think that the absence of her scar will change her once more?

 

This part of the book actually bothered me. I think Heven should have kept her scars. It would have been a great example of overcoming adversity. especially since their were so many great scenes with Heven realizing how she thought of herself determined how others responded to her.

 

5) Gran is very accepting of Heven and Sam. Do you think that she understands more- knows more than she let’s  on about Heven’s life or do you think her love is just unconditional?

 

I think Heven’s Grandmother is very intuitive and realizes that by bending a little she will earn Heven’s respect. She also seems very disappointed in how Heven’s  mother is acting and I think she is trying to compensate for what Heven is suffering.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was shocked to see a higher purpose revealed for Heven too. Interesting point about what it would be like if Heven kept her scars. It might have been interesting to see her keep her scars but be transformed in other ways.
Great answers.

Popular Posts