REVIEW: ARCHIE #627: ARCHIE MEETS KISS






STATS:
4 PART STORY ARC
STARTS IN ARCHIE #627
PRICE:
$2.99 NEWSSTAND
$1.99 NOOK COLOR/ TABLET
When I heard there was going to be an Archie/ Kiss crossover it made me smile. I have wonderful childhood memories about the Archie comics group. They were the first comics I ever read ,and I spent years enjoying their adventures. I just recently welcomed Archie and his gang back into my life, and I'm really enjoying the gang's modern day adventures.
This first issue opens with the band Kiss dominating the frame asking the gang "Where Did The Go ?!" Through a flashback we learn that Sabrina had convinced the gang to help her place a protection spell around Riverdale. Sabrina doesn't include Veronica and Reggie in the group since they haven't been dedicated to their magic lessons and might cause the spell to go awry.
Will two of Riverdale's biggest troublemakers take this lightly? Of course not! They get a spell book of their own and eavesdrop on the gang and accidentally cause the spell to go haywire.
The result is four monsters arrive on the scene and quickly escape to cause mayhem in the town. Seconds later Kiss appears as well and we figure out who they were asking about. Who knew that are favorite metal band also takes down monsters ?? Alex Segura does! :)
This was such a fun read! I wasn't a huge music fan growing up but I really loved Kiss, to see them with another of my childhood faves was really cool. Dan Parent and Rich Koslowski are a marvelous art team. They do a great job visually with all the band members and the Archie gang. I'm looking forward to see what other surprises Alex Segura has coming in the next 3 issues.
I highly recommend this book, so much fun and it looks fantastic on the nook color

Comments

Popular Posts