In My Mailbox 18


In my Mailbox is hosted by the lovely STORY SIREN as a way to spotlight the books we receive each week. Here is what I got :


FOR REVIEW

 
 
 Shopping can be Hell. Frenemies Meg and Shar find out the reality of this after they hurt an innocent bystander in a tussle over the perfect shoes. Next thing they know they are in debt to the Lord of the Underworld Hades to atone for their debt as Sirenz luring contracted individuals to the Underworld.
 
This sounds so fun. Thanks to FLUX for the book and cool bookmarks, stickers and buttons.
 
 
 


`



I discovered T.C. McCarthy through his short story The Legionnaires from Orbit Short Fiction. This is his debut novel about a war torn future where genetically engineered soldiers  fight a never ending war. T.C. makes military action very accessible to the general layperson. So excited to read this.

Thanks to ORBIT


OK. I thought I was done with the literary mash ups after the last Pride & Prejudice with Zombies book. How could I possible refuse cute kitty face?!!! The MeowMorphosis ( I know, Kafka's ghost is screaming ) is the story of Gregor Samsa who wakes up from a dream to find he is an adorable kitten. While the original story took place only in the Samsa apartment in this version Samsa actually travels out into the word and into a journey involving other characters in Kafka's work.

Thanks to QUIRK








WON

I won these three books from a readathon a few weeks ago. Secret is a mystery novel and Dandelions and The Hidden Will are historical fiction about the Blood Countess Elizabeth Bathory.

Really great book I'm excited to dive into.







 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Great in my mailbox. Sirenz sounds like an interesting book.

Check out my IMM: http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-2.html
I likes the sounds of Sirenz! Looking forward to seeing what you think of it :)

Popular Posts