ArmchairBEA DAY: 5 Blogging on Blogging


 

Today is the Last day of ArchairBEA. Ive had a crazy week and have barely had time to visit all my fellow bloggers so I hope to rectify that today. Today the topic is Blogging about Blogging. Here are my thoughts on all the following topics:


How do you utilize social networking in relation to your blog? What may be the pros and cons of doing so?


I discussed this in detail a little yesterday. I've had mostly good responses with social media, especially with making connections with authors.
Share some of your favorite blogging technical tips.

I'm a novice at most things technical but I really suggest you check out @bloggiesta  I've joined two bloggiesta events and learned how to do really cool things with my blog!


Create a "rule list" of things you should and shouldn't be doing on a book blog.



I have a problem with the world should. :) A while ago I would have had a list in a minute but I really believe that you need to Blog outside the box and not have rules.

In the past year I've seen Bloggers take hits from a lot of sources: Authors, Publishers, and even from other bloggers. I've seen rude comments, jealously and disrespect. I've also seen a tremendous amount of talented men and women of all ages , races  and sexuality write about what they love in a respectful, passionate manner.

What I take from this is that the Internet and social media only MAGNIFIES WHO YOU ALREADY ARE. So though I would suggest: Treat Authors with respect, Give honest respectful reviews, and Respect Arc's by not selling them, I know that people are just going to be who they are. So I align myself with those like myself and try to ignore the others.

What are your tips for balance life and blogging?

Advanced posts and keeping reviews in draft form in case I need extra content have been the most helpful to me.

What genre do you blog about and why?
I blog about all genres in Fiction because I love the varying sub genres and a story that is escapist.

How do you keep your blog fresh and interesting to your readers & yourself?

I do a lot of events with fellow bloggers, and try to group several reviews around a similar theme.

There are quite a few book blogging events out there. Which are your favorites and why? How do they affect your blog directly?


I love the Dewey Readathon, Armchair BEA, Bloggiesta and any readathon that's going on. I always gain new blog and twitter followers with these events which is always fun

Thanks to the Wonderful Organizers and all of you who visited my blog this week. The community I've experienced this week and during last years Armchair BEA has made me a better informed blogger and connected me with many wonderful books and book lovers.


 
 

Comments

pussreboots said…
I prewrite reviews as well but I keep them in a word document on my computer. The way my blog is set up, there is no way to save drafts on the site itself.

To blog well you need to know: your topic, your audience and your voice. Come learn more.
Anonymous said…
I love those community events too, like the read-a-thons and bloggiesta. I did a bloggiesta about 2 months after I started my blog and it was so useful. I did another one since and it's such a good way to improve your blog!
Alison Can Read said…
I haven't done Bloggiesta. I should really look more into it. I've had such a good time doing this community even. I want to do more.
Unknown said…
Thanks for suggesting Bloggiesta! I had never heard of it and I am totally going to check it out now :)

ArmchairBEA was excellent!

Here is my post about blogging!
bibliophiliac said…
I really like what you said about social media magnifying who we already are-I think that is so true. Bloggiesta is really helpful-I forgot to mention it in my post, but the one time I participated I learned so much.

Popular Posts